Diploma Courses Assignment Sample
Q1: Procedures you must implement to position the fabric reinforcement sheets by engineering drawings and specifications. Answer :
- Check for movement, if any, in reinforcement before pouring concrete.
- Use a checklist to ensure the quality of work and completion.
- Check the spacing and diameter of the reinforcement.
- Check the number of bars and the bending radius.
- The cover must be approved, and the coupler must be authorized.
- Check and ensure that materials and reinforcement are approved grades.
Q1: Mention the Australian Standard for placing and fixing reinforcement materials.Answer :
Some of the Australian standards are-
- AS4671:2001. Steel Reinforcing Materials supersedes AS1302, 1303 & 1304 and covers 500 MPa rebar, rod, wire, & mesh.
- Parts 1 and 2 of AS4672:2007 Steel Prestressing Materials - a new Standard to replace AS1310, AS1311, and AS1313
- AS/NZS 2327:2003, composite Structures entail composite slabs and structural decking.
- AS 1170:2002 Structural Design Actions - the 2002 version includes a Part 0 for general requirements.
- Part 3 of AS 1554: 2002. Structural Steel Welding – Reinforcing Steel Welding – The 2002 version improves the rules for welding 500-grade rebar