Diploma Courses Assignment Sample
Q1: List and describe the steps to set out and construct a ceiling frame for the hip roof.Answer :
The steps to set out and construct a ceiling frame are as follows-
- Measure and calculate the length of the rafter
- Mark and point location where the rafter needs to be cut.
- Attach the rafter and lift the beam
- Nail it down over the centre beam,
- Attach the rafter with a ridge board
- Nail them to the corner wall of the roof.
- Develop birds mouth
- Therefore, cut the rafter using a circular saw.
- Assemble the rafter and the hip.