Diploma Courses Assignment Sample
Q1: Provide 3 examples for each for thickeners based on fats and thickeners based on starches. Explain how these are used to prepare soups and sauces, including points of care to ensure a quality product. Answer :
Thickeners based fats
- Butter – these are used thickening agents for liquid
- Oil – they are used for frying ingredients.
- Peanuts- it used for adding flavour to the dish.
Thickeners based starch
- Pure starch- they help to provide stability in sauces.
- The slurry is a mixture of liquid and flour that can be used in sauces and stocks.
- Modified starch- is used to add texture and flavour.