Diploma Courses Assignment Sample
Q1: When assembling the meat slicer, you notice the blade is loose and cannot be tightened further to secure it. What would you do? Answer :
If the meat slicer's blade is loose and cannot be tightened further for proper securing, it is crucial not to use the slicer. Continuing to use it in this condition can be dangerous. Immediately shut off the slicer, unplug it, and contact a qualified technician or the manufacturer's customer support for professional inspection and repair. Safety should always be a top priority in food preparation equipment maintenance.
Q1: List 5 criteria typically used to evaluate the characteristics of bread used for sandwiches.Answer :
The following are the five criteria for evaluating the characteristics of bread used for sandwiches:
- Texture: The bread should have a soft, tender crumb that doesn't crumble or become too soggy when in contact with fillings or condiments.
- Flavour: The bread's flavour should complement the sandwich fillings without overpowering them.
- Freshness: Freshness is crucial. Bread should be moist and springy when pressed lightly.
- Structural Integrity: The bread should maintain its shape when sliced or handled.
- Size and Shape: The size and shape of the bread should match the type of sandwich being made. For example, tea sandwiches often use small, rectangular slices, while larger sandwiches may require bigger slices or rolls.
Q1: What are the trending sandwich flavours and ingredients for sandwiches served during breakfast? List three modern sandwich styles trending in cafe menus in Australia.Answer :
Trending breakfast sandwich flavours include avocado, smoked salmon, and spicy aioli. In Australia, modern cafe menus feature smashed avocado toast, kimchi grilled cheese, and acai bowl-inspired breakfast sandwiches.